iOS 4.0 Ios4 upgrade from a jb 3rd g touch 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kiteboarderni, Jul 23, 2010.

1. kiteboarderni

kiteboarderni New Member

Hey guys, ive searched for a lot of these but cant seem to find the answers!

So ive got a jailbroken 3rdg touch done with blackra1n i think...

Its running firmware 3.1.3. I dont think ive backed up my SHSH blobs, however, ever since i installed cydia at this jailbreak, i did click make my life easier. Does this mean i have?

Also if i want to upgrade to Ios4, do i just neeed to run the upgrade in the new itunes?

Say this does upgrade it to IOS4, will i then be able to jailbreak this using the standard IOS4 JB methods, to allow me to use Cydia again?

Also i see a lot of threads with people downgrading from IOS4 to 3.1.3 / 3.1.2, is there any real reason for this? Or do people just not prefer the new os!

Sorry about the amount of questions guys, but ive come to the right place for help!!

Cheers

Steven
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think people downgrade because they enable wallpapers and shiz and their ipod slows down. If you dont do that youll be swt
  3. kiteboarderni

kiteboarderni New Member

Is that because winterboard doesnt work on it?
  4. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. kiteboarderni

kiteboarderni New Member

So i cant actually jail break it?

Is that because of my SHSH blob or because there is no jailbreak for it?
  6. Al Roker

Al Roker New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    SHSH blobs only help you in downgrading to firmwares that are no longer being signed by Apple. They technically don't have anything to do with jailbreaking. Again, there is no jailbreak for MC model devices running iOS4 available. However, @comex will be the one to release said jailbreak, so stay on the lookout, and simply check the front page of this site for news regarding the jailbreak.