ios4 too slow and drains battery. can I still have ios4 features with a jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by net4794, Aug 7, 2010.

1. net4794

net4794 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an ipod touch 2g (8gb) with ios4 installed and it's jailbroken. The new ios4 update slowed it down by a significant amount. Also the battery lasts about a fifth of the time it use to. maybe an hour and a half?
    Anyway, ios4 isn't working for me but it's too late and I dont think I can use my ipod anymore without the multitasking and all of the other stuff in ios4 (I enabled them with the jailbreak).

If I jailbreak ios3, can i still get Apple's version of multi tasking? or do I have to have some other application off of cydia installed to do it?

What are the apps that I would need to get ios4 features on ios3?
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. net4794

net4794 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    About a fifth of the time it used to ?? Something's not right. Don't install SBSettings, Winterboard, don't enable wallpapers and battery percentage and multitasking (which are installed/enabled by default anyway). Also, disable Wifi and Bluetooth. Those are two major vampires for the battery.
  5. larry3087

larry3087 New Member

i have my touch 3g and i also notice the same about battery issues. 3.1.3 is a baterry lover

Please Register or Log in to view images