iOS 4.0 ios4 jb problems :(

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ethiopian, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All right, so basically, things have gotten a little strange on my ipod. I'm not sure what is exactly is causing it, so I'll just say what's up...

1. Safari quits itself entirely when I press the home button

I have both backgrounder and activator on my device. A recent update to activator caused this problem. I'm not talking about holding down the home button and disabling backgrounding when in safari, I am talking about when I just click the home button to go to springboard, my ipod decides to completely kill the safari process. Not only do I have to wait until safari load up its software, but I also have to reload the page I was on; even if all I did was exit out and type 'cookies' into notes and try to come back to the page I was on. And no, I don't have the safari quitter package from cydia (nor have I ever)

2. Cydia can no longer be backgrounded

I used to be able to do this on ios4, now I can't after the activator update. What gives? I used to love surfing the web for the best cydia packages / sources then not having to wait for cydia to load up again. Now both have to be fully reloaded in order to switch between the site and cydia. The backgrounder update didn't do anything.

Also, I don't have native multitasking enabled.

Another thing I've noticed is that when opening an app, I sit through a 'loading' screen. This is from a theme however, and I think it's just loading the UI (it's a premium theme). I disabled everything from winterboard it cleared this problem up, but not the other two.

I really would like to avoid restoring, and if anyone has a way to fix this, thank you in advance.
  2. yanks27ngoin

yanks27ngoin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am experiencing the exact same problem that I bolded. I used to be able to background Cydia and loved it because it takes forever to reload. Now, I cant.
  3. SimpleTrick

SimpleTrick New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try re-jailbreaking it when 4.1 comes out?
  4. rykah

rykah Member

Here's the answer to all your problems:

Uninstall Backgrounder.

Native apps will NOT background, only app store apps. This includes Safari and Cydia (although the issue with Cydia is it disables all themes and modifiers -- Activator inculded -- when it's open).
  5. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks, this fixed safari right up. Only problem now is that I can't background cydia. But trying to background apps without backgrounder is just plain foolish.

But if backgrounder can't background cydia, why could I background it before activator was updated? What makes that background so different from other backgrounds?

background background background background background background background background background background

Please Register or Log in to view images