iOS 4.0 iOS4 has cut my Music volume in half!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by J23, Jun 26, 2010.

1. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Love iOS4 but one huge problem seems to persist. All my albums, songs, playlists etc are playing @ about 40% less volume than they did before I upgraded. Even stranger is that videos/TV/Films are arguably louder than 3.13 was . Also I have noticed that when I deploy an EQ setting it drops the volume even further.
    I have triple checked the various obvious culprits such as auto volume limiter, sound tester or any presets that might be causing this issue. I know others have mentioned this issue. I have the 32 gb iTouch 3 & in every other respect the new OS is snappy & aces. Has anyone figured out what is going on here? We need to figure this out if not. Please get back to me even if you are just having the problem but no solution or vice versa for that matter. Troubleshooting can be engaged @ the very least.

Sincerely,
    J
  2. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah it sounded like ios4 turn down our music volume 25%
  3. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've noticed the same thing, even with Bluetooth headphones, it used to be a lot louder, but through the controller on the iPod it seems theres a grace period in which the sliding does nothing and then jumps back in after a certain point across the volume bar.
  4. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have noticed this. On 3.1.3 the songs purchased via the itunes music store wasnt louder as other music files. On iOS4 they are louder than it was before.
  5. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    How do you mean "theres a grace period in which the sliding does nothing and then jumps back in after a certain point across the volume bar."?
    Are you saying that the volume does increase @ certain points? I have listened to several songs purchased off and on iTunes & not noticed any difference. But I am very curious as to what you are getting at.
    J
  6. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Gotta wait til comex release his update on spirit for ios4 and get inside the system to see whats happening with the audio filesystem
  7. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    At least. I am a musician so I tend to really notice these sort of things ;-) Have you tried the eq? Did you have the same experience as I did? The best example is the "loudness" one as it actually makes the track softer now.

J
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Is Spirit a jailbrake or a benchmarker?
  8. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What I mean is that basically the bar increases volume in smaller increments than it used to, more or less to make it a safer, easier on the ear experience, so they cut the volume down to a lower percentage of what it used to be and slowed the actual increase during the slide, not necessarily a notable decrease of volume being exported, but still apparent if you really listen to your music. It's not really annoying, it's just noticeable to me after a while.
  9. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    hmm. That is interesting. The volume is without question @ least 30% lower from the get go though. It is not incremental. Just checking your bar observation. Also is this true of all sound or just music?
  10. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't be too sure about sound coming from apps/games or video, it's not something I naturally observe so much. To be honest.