iOS 4.0 iOS4.02g Speculation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by OlyKwon, Jul 25, 2010.

1. OlyKwon

OlyKwon Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay I came across the 3.1.3 mod and im disgusted with it, why put falsified apps with a single or useless function into a supposed to be respectable release?
    Witch is where i started thinking. Would it be possible to take the filesystem
    of an iPhone3g with i0S4 installed remove its kernel extensions and replace with the iPhone 2g's 3.1.3 kernel extensions and repack it into an ipsw? or would it be possible to modify the vanilla kernel extensions to half ass support the iPhone 2g hardware untill anything else could be developed, I think this would be a more plausible solution than using a heavily modified ipsw with mobilesubstrate packed into it thats got more bugs than apples worst fw release
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No, it's not possible. You would need to write your own drivers and stuff, which isn't worth it at ALL.
  3. OlyKwon

OlyKwon Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well im wondering if drivers have backward compatibility since its base is darwin theoretically it should support some of the extensions without a problem =\
  4. ssdcommander

ssdcommander Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    You know, that actually sounds like a good idea
  5. OlyKwon

OlyKwon Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do i unpack an ipsw to remove the extensions and replace them with the 2g's ill give it a try
  6. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need to find the decrypt codes, just google them for the specific device and firmware version you want,