iOS 7.0 iOS 7 drops support for iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G

Discussion in 'General iOS discussions' started by Joe Rossignol, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iOS 7 drops support for only two devices over iOS 6: the iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G. I expected this to happen, although I figured Apple might have gone third-generation iPad or later.
  2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Thank goodness.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    RAM constraints are the reason. The iPod touch 4 is identical to the iPhone 4, specs-wise, except for RAM.
    ThePodofi likes this.
  4. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Good. iOS 7 would have been a laggy mess on those. I know iOS 6 was already pretty rough on them and iOS 7 would have just pushed them over the edge.
    Zyiros likes this.
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I aint mad. I had my iPod touch 4 since it came out. I actually expect them to drop it. my iPod touch 1 gen ('07) drop support after 3 years then I bought and new one which is the iPt4 in '10. Now 3 years later they are dropping this one and I will buy the new one and call it a day. I keep up with software, not hardware. I save money that way. Plus my iPod don't last me all day anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view images

tw23 and iBenji like this.
  6. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Well , it's apple they don't even bother optimizing the bloatware that iOS became since iOS 5 ..

So yeah, that was expected , thank you for nothing apple, *throws iPod Touch 4g out of the window*

hahaha jk

I had it since 2010 , it lived a good life!
    But what about the people who are buying it this year? (here its still on the shelves).. :S
    Aarix likes this.
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think the iPod touch 4th is discontinued. (I mean is is now I just check the website). They will buy the iPod touch 5 (no camera 16 gigs) or they will buy the iPt5g with the camera (32 and 64 gigs). I will wait till they release a brand new one. (if they will).
  8. heymikey

heymikey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's expected. I've had the 2nd gen and then the 4th gen ipod touches. But, it's time for me to move on. I've already have an old android phone in addition to my 4th gen ipod touch. Once my phone or my ipod stops working, I will be making the switch to a Samsung Galaxy.
  9. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    I was kind of hoping they wouldn't drop support for the 4th gen iPod Touch (because now it's only supported on the latest gen iPod, but 3 generations of iPhones). I guess I wont really be able to try out iOS 7 then because my iPod is the only iOS device I have (since I use an Android phone primarily).
  10. FazeLessWhite

FazeLessWhite Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I Don't rely on my iPod touch 4g nowadays because the battery nearly stays for about 45 mins. So I Guess its not a problem for me atleast.
    Joe Rossignol likes this.