iOS 7.0 iOS 7 Beta 2 wishlist

Discussion in 'General iOS discussions' started by renomames, Jun 11, 2013.

1. renomames

renomames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please Apple more transparency for iPhone 4
    Live wallpapers

Its not that much of a list, lol
  2. Apple951

Apple951 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The lockscreen music controls. Once music starts playing, you can no longer move the slider
  3. MewTech

MewTech Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My wishlist:

1) Make it look less ugly.

That is all.
  4. doriangh

doriangh Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    On iPhone 4 the Volume slider always lags when playing music. While on pause, it's ok, but while playing... And also, why did they keep the old double press on lockscreen when they have the Command Center? And why are Artworks so missplaced? If I have a white artwork for a song, I can't see the time nor the date. That's annoying.. and if you pause music, it's not gone! And another fix that should be made on iPhone 4 is that the NC and Camera from lockscreen lags ALOT when you throw them to the bottom. On iPhone 5 it's a super neat bounce animation. On iPhone 4 it's like a dance of doom that reminds you that you have an old phone. iOS 6 was super fast on my iPhone 4. iOS 7 beta 1 is super laggy. Even worse, it has the same amount of free RAM as it had on iOS 6 (150-225 MB)! And it still lags! The only things that don't lag are the Settings "drawer" animation, sometime the multitasking animation, and Safari when you swipe down (it's VERY laggy when you want to type there). Also, there's quite a lag when you want to get to your Passcode. That's pretty annoying since I go left, I put my pass, then I have to wait 3-4 seconds until it makes the sounds of keys pressed, and then it unlocks with that cool, and rather smooth animation on iPhone 4.

I think the iPhone 4 is still a powerfull device, and I don't want the betas of iOS 7 to ruin that image!
    dukeidude likes this.
  5. Gizmoloon

Gizmoloon Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The iPhone 4 isn't powerful enough for the transparency or animations.

Sorry guys, but iOS devices now get 3 revisions, and this is the final, cut-back one.
    FazeLessWhite and tw23 like this.
  6. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Change those icons and fruity backgrounds :S
    adobe9 likes this.
  7. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Quick Compose and Quick Reply
    Fireball821 likes this.
  8. Tatanko

Tatanko Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Exactly. It's had a good run, time to consider moving on ;)

Personally, all I'm asking for are bug fixes and usability improvements. For example, I think they have some tweaking to do with the lock screen regarding placement of the gestures. I've given my phone to several people today to try out and almost every single time they open up the Control Center instead of unlocking the phone. Same goes for Spotlight and the Notification Center on the home screen, but I think that's just our brains being used to going for the top of the screen rather than the grid.

New, better icons would be nice at some point too.
    adobe9 likes this.
  9. renomames

renomames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it was fast enough when i had my tweaks on it to get nc and other stuff as the dock and sbsettings transparent and didnt lag, i think that actually the limitations are the one that are lagging, it seems they put the limitations just over the os instead of making a limitated os
  10. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Apple, as much as it may seem to make some features incompatible for no reason, does not poorly optimize iOS for older devices on purpose. I assure you that while it may never be very good on the iPhone 4, iOS 7 will get speedier at least a little bit as the betas progress.