iOS 6.0 iOS 6 App Store Frozen?

Discussion in 'General iOS discussions' started by Musicislife, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Musicislife

Musicislife Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The App Store works fine except for the downloads tab. I have 7 apps that need updating (been hoping it would fix itself) but when I go to the updates tab, the circle in the status bar spins for about 5 seconds, then disappears, and the page doesn't load. It's been like this for a few days, I can still update the apps if I go to the specific app page that needs updating and do it manually, but I can't see all the apps that need updating since this tab is broken. Resetting, powering off and back on, closing the app and reopening, nothing seems to work. Anyone have ideas what to do? I'd rather not restore, if that ends up being the only solution I'll wait until beta 4 and hope that fixes it, not a huge deal just a nuisance :p
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It's a beta. There's bound to be bugs and glitches of all sorts.
  3. Musicislife

Musicislife Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I get that, I don't expect perfection in any iOS version let alone a beta, but it would be nice if I could fix it nonetheless
  4. laze

laze Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The AppStore on 6.0 is very buggy still, and without a proper jailbreak I doubt anyone has a fix.
  5. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Just so everyone knows, you can always use the SSH Ramdisk with any device with a bootrom exploit, jailbroken or not, to modify files :) I don't know how to fix the app store, though. One thing you could do that I did on iOS 6 is disable multitasking by setting the boolean to false in N81AP.plist. It helped A LOT with speed.
  6. laze

laze Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    So could you modify the files without mucking round with the tethered jailbreak?
  7. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yes, as long as you don't "unsign" any code (eg. modifying a binary, or adding your own files).