iOS 4 missing home screen background

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XgeorgeX, Jul 28, 2010.

1. XgeorgeX

XgeorgeX New Member

My wife upgraded her iPod touch to iOS 4 and everything seemed to go fine. She went to change her home screen wall paper and she doesn't have that option. She can only change the lock screen. My iPod touch does have the option to change the home screen wallpaper so I know where to make the change. I also checked to make sure she was on 4.0 and she is. The launcher is also the new launcher so I don't know why the option to change the background isn't there. I tried to get apple support but they want me to pay for support. The closest apple store is over two hours away so hopefully I can figure this out.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It sounds like your iPod Touch is a third generation and hers is a second generation. Second gens have homescreen wallpapers disabled.
  3. groundzero

groundzero Member

exactly...I have a 2nd gen ipod touch and there is no homescreen wallpaper. I guess its only for the ipod 3rd gen. Is she also experiencing lag on her ipod. I heard the iOS4 is not really good for the 2nd gen ipod.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It runs great on mine with multitasking and wallpapers disabled. Of course I also have about a third of my launch daemons removed, although that really didn't seem to make much of a difference at the time I removed them.
  5. XgeorgeX

XgeorgeX New Member

ahhh that makes sense. Her's is probably a 2nd gen, I know mine is a 3rd. thanks

thats also pretty lame
  6. avikar1

avikar1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its fine until you use folders. Those are SOOOO laggy.