iOS 4.0 iOS 4 Jailbreak Crashes "Settings?"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iEatApplesLikeYou, Jun 28, 2010.

1. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used redsn0w to JB my iPod Touch 2g on iOS 4.0 (non MC), and everything works fine, except...when I try to access settings, it crashes or reboots. I tried JB with Cydia installed, without, with wallpaper enabled, without, with multitasking, without, and it doesn't make any difference. Is this a known issue? For now I am actually ok with having a non JB iOS 4, until things are more stable, but I wanted to SSH or browse through some folders for something and I can't unless it's JB. Is there either some way to fix this, or some way to browse the ipod folders without a JB?

Edit: I did just realize that I hadn't used a GM build with redsn0w, maybe that's why? Will try with that and see how it works.
  2. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Has the GM build made a difference?
  3. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's downloading now, and I will try it out later tonight and post back.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I downloaded the GM build from a few different sources, and they all say "unable to recognize specified IPSW" in redsn0w, so....I dunno.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    After the GM builds wouldn't work, I did a fresh restore and Jailbreak and now it works fine with the regular 4.0 release. No crashing after using "settings."