iOS 4.1 iOS 4.1 glitch lets you bypass lock screen to access Phone app, Photo album.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by austers, Oct 25, 2010.

1. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Your iPhone's passcode entry can't block everything, it seems -- at least not with iOS 4.1. We're hearing various reports that simply inputting a random number in the emergency call field, pressing call, and then promptly hitting the hardware lock button will take you to the Phone app, thereby granting you access to the call history, voicemail, and address book. We've tried this with iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4, all with the same result. We can't get out of the field without trying to place a call, and after that we're still stuck back at the passcode screen. Additionally, selecting "share contact" and then the camera icon will give you access to the photo album. Pay mind that your particularly paranoid pals could probably use this to see if you really did stop calling your ex and delete all his or her pictures. We won't judge, but they will.

[Engadget]
  2. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Cool beans
  3. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    deeeeeesgusting!!! hope they fix it soon...
  4. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    why? it would be kinda dumb seeing as 4.2 is not far away at all and plus we would all lose are untethered jailbreak.
  5. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The thing is, it's in older firmwares too so the first iPhone will always be vulnerable.
  6. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can just edit the contact click on the photo then it takes you photos.. But anyways you can access the voice control feature.. This let's you have access to all the music aswell..
  7. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You can actually get out of this mode another way... Do the trick to get into the mode.. Hold the home button to bring up voice control. Say whats playing it will say nothing is playing. Once it closes double tap home button then it brings you back to the screen.
  8. momentumhacker

momentumhacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes! I can finally call someone on my friends phone without his permission! Score!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    mine does not do that
  10. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's not the first time I have seen that BAD apple. Maybe you should make it a red apple (or would that be to hard to do?) I could do it if you want...
    just sayin...