iOS 4.1 iOS 4.1 - Crippled Bluetooth Keyboard support!?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sdschramm, Sep 8, 2010.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Today I updated my iPhone 4 to 4.1
    One of things that was supposed to be improved was the bluetooth.

I have both a standard bluetooth earpiece, and an Apple Wireless keyboard. (the slim one, 3 batteries)

Before, I could pair my keyboard and the regular keys as well as the function keys would work. For example, I could change the screen brightness, the volume, and even play/pause/skip my music. Now, after the 4.1 update, it took me 4 trys to get my keyboard to even connect and then when it did, only the letters, numbers, and copy/paste worked. No function keys or anything else will work now.

I did the update because I was hoping it would "fix" the action of the enter key, and the backspace key. By that I mean, the "backspace" worked fine, but there is no way to "reverse backspace" (like on the Mac its FN+Del or Ctrl+D. The other issue with the enter/return key is, if you use the keyboard with Texing, there is no way to send a message from the keyboard. You can type it, but then you have to manually touch the send button at the end of each message. I was hopping the enter or FN+Enter would be mapped to the send key so I could text people without even having to touch my phone.

Has anyone else noticed anything that I am talking about???
    I welcome any feedback.

Thanks,

Scott
  2. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. psyjoniz

psyjoniz New Member

i'm having similar issues. my bt keyboard worked fine on 4.0.2 but now refuses to connect with 4.1.