iOS 4.0 iOS 4.0 Performance?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rarisgod, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello, I'm new here. I don't know if this has been covered before, but I've become curious. Since all of the older devices are not being granted the full features of iOS 4.0, this means it has higher performance requirements than the older devices provide. This makes me wonder...even though I have a 3rd gen iPod, will my performance be lesser when I upgrade? With all of the apps upgrading to be 4.0 compatible and to utilize the new features in 4.0, will my iPod run less smoothly after the upgrade?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Son geta1

Son geta1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod Touch 2G runs much faster and smoother after upgrading to iOS 4. I don't think your newer device will become slower. The best thing is to try out. You can also downgrade to 3.1.3, if you wish.
  3. electroblaze

electroblaze Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the features are limited for that very reason

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I'm waiting until Monday for the official release, I just wasn't sure as I bought my 3rd-gen iPod Touch which already had 3.0 installed, so I don't know how an update affects these devices.

Yes, but no features (except for the phone features of course) are limited for the iPod Touch 3rd-gen, so I was wondering if it will be able to properly handle the new update.
  5. electroblaze

electroblaze Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but there were some performance upgrades in the 3rd gen 32 and 64 gb iPods right?
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yes, there were.
  7. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, and I have a 32 GB, so performance wouldn't have been an issue with 3.0 (though I'm not sure why there would have been as there wasn't as many drastic changes to the way the OS works as far as I know).

However, with multi-tasking, folders, increased display capabilities, etc. I was just wondering if any of my current smoothness would be lost in favour of newer products (iPhone 4, inevitable iPod Touch upgrade, etc.)
  8. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea. Apple wants to make more money. My iPhone 3G runs perfectly fine on iOS4. The only thing it can't handle is wallpapers. It does multitasking nicely.
  9. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've heard of quite a few iPhone 3G's running slowly as they age. Even with this, your iPhone 3G runs well with iOS 4.0?

I guess I have nothing to worry about. Thanks guys!
  10. electroblaze

electroblaze Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i have a 2G so i'm pretty much screwed..but how come jailbroken ipods have wallpapers and still run fine?