iOS 4.0 iOS 4.0 Multitasking vs. Proswitcher/Backgrounder

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by auni1996, Jun 23, 2010.

1. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well iOS 4.0 is out, but as an 8 GB Touch, I really see no reason to upgrade as I won't use folders. One thing though is multitasking. I know I don't natively support it but i'm sure there's a jailbreak option for unlocking those features for me.

Thing is though, previous times I've tried to restore/update have bricked my iPod, leading me to get replacements. I don't really wanna go to my friends house and update it for minor things. Only thing i'm interested in is multitasking, but I already have Backgrounder+Proswitcher. What're the pros and cons of each, besides the fact that iOS4 apps have to be updated.

I don't really wanna go through the process of updating, restoring, re-jailbreaking, and getting my apps back if its not worth it...
  2. Rudolph Shitler

Rudolph Shitler Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    At the moment, I see no reason to upgrade to 4.0 if you are currently jailbroken (and especiallly if you're not getting all the features). Also, jailbreaking 4.0 right now would be next to useless. It's virtually impossible to use Cydia (user traffic), and you still have to wait for the apps to be able to work on 4.0.

In my opinion, you should save yourself the trouble and just wait until simpler jailbreaks come out (which they will; and soon), and for developers to adjust their apps so they're compatible with 4.0. Hope this helped.