iOS 4.0 continues reboot after first sync in 3rd Generation device

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raddy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. raddy

raddy New Member

Hello Everybody

I was using the Apple iPod Touch 3rd Generation for couple of months without any issues and it is not hacked or jailbroken, it is a virgin device.

I used "Erase all data and settings option", as i was planning to give the iPod Touch to my friend.

So iPod Touch get restarted and asked me to connect to iTunes, i did, and gave it to my friend.

My friend synced the iPod Touch in his laptop with iTunes 10, after finishing the sync, the iPod Touch crashed and rebooted and half way it struck showing apple logo and some lines, and i instructed my friend to do a hard reboot by pressing Home and Power button, it did reboot but started doing it continuously, I mean, it rebooted continuously after displaying the lock screen, but after half an hour my friend told me that the Apple iPod Touch started working again after he powered it down and left it idle for some time and turned on it again.

Even my friend didn't try to hack or jailbreak it.

Can my friend re-sync the Apple iPod Touch next time with confidence?
    What could be the reason?

I saw some very useful guides in this forum to troubleshoot any problems and it increased my confidence to the next level.

But how can a mere sync can spoil the whole experience?
  2. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what yous get theres a boot loop

lol

restore with itunes

or try and get into DFU mode
  3. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    it means that you have to restore because somewhere during the boot up, some files probably got collided together or got messup
  4. raddy

raddy New Member

But all this problem only appeared after a mere Itunes sync?
    Can i sync again with confidence?