iOS 3 folders + whited00r help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hrutkaymods, Dec 13, 2010.

1. hrutkaymods

hrutkaymods Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hello everybody, before I begin, I would like to say this is NOT a scam! I want to speak for this developer, his name is Jamie Darlington (Darlo) and he has created an excellent tweak for all iOS 3 devices. It's called iOS 3 folders. He has been having a REALLY HARD TIME getting the message out there that this will be free... But just on the whited00r firmware unless he receives donations before he releases his excellent tweak! I know it sounds a little fishy, but I have talked to and have donated to him. He's a very nice, very honest person, he just needs a little help, financially before he releases this on cydia, or it will have to be a paid tweak. Trust me, he spent 3 months working on this, and he just wants a little justification for his hard work! Can you guys blame him? Can you help? Do you want to see this free or paid? Me personally would like to see it free!
    Here is a link to the video of its demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJiOtM3USk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And here's a link to the whited00r page where if you choose, you can click the donate link (I would NEVER put a direct donation link!): http://www.whited00r.com/folders.php

I like supporting excellent devs, and I hope you guys do to!
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I might donate if you un-wall that test. Make it snappy. And spell piad correctly.

seriously!

Whitedoor is awesome its like ios4 on 3.1.3 speed. A little buggy but awesome. (as seen in some videos)
  3. hrutkaymods

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Haha,... Oops I did spell paid wrong! My bad!
  4. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thats pretty cool. Whited00r keeps getting better and better, if I had a first gen device I would definitely be using it.
  5. hrutkaymods

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yea, you almost can't tell the difference between whited00r v1.8.1 on my 1st gen touch, as compared to 4.1 on my 3gs! Its an awesome firmware!
  6. justin37

justin37 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi, I have a 2g MB on 4.1. Is it worth it to up(down?)grade to the whited00r FW? Are there any potential problems?
  7. hrutkaymods

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No, major problems, its just faster... If you're happy with iOS 4+ I'd say stick with iOS 4+. Because, iPhone OS 3.1.3 (what whited00r is based off of) can not run iOS 4 API's. (that translates into, no game center, no iBooks, no anything designed for iOS 4 only) Whited00r was in my opinion only really written for the first generation devices, which can't run iOS 4. It's excellent for first generation devices!
  8. hrutkaymods

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Darlo still needs everyone's donation support for his cydia release, But I just got news straight from him that, he has just sent the whited00r team his iOS 3 folders tweak for the whited00r v2.0 ipod touch 1g & 2g MB and v4.0 iPhone EDGE & 3G firmwares! The new whited00r firmwares should be out before christmas!
    But, he is still planning on also releasing this for cydia, and your donations will determine if it is a paid or free tweak! (so please support him!) :-D
  9. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm... it sounds very fishy. Why doesn't he just come on here himself? He should just make it paid and forget about donations all together.
  10. hrutkaymods

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Oh, this is legit, he doesn't want to charge people for this tweak, unless he has to, but he did spend 3 months working on it, so he wants a little money for his troubles. Think of it this way... 100 people donate $1 or 25 people buy it for $4. (I don't know what he would charge) I don't know why he doesn't come on and talk about it himself, but I volunteered to talk about it for him. He is willing, i'm sure to talk to the skeptics, just PM me and I'll give you his email adress.