invisibleSHIELD

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andrew!, Apr 5, 2009.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well today I went out and picked up an invisible shield. I'm waiting till tonight to apply it cause the iPod is still in use.
    But anyways, does anyone have any tips for applying it? It doesn't seem to be completely idiot-proof but I don't think I should have too hard of a time, a few pointers wouldn't be too bad though

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it helped to watch the videos on the zagg website, but other than that it is very important you take your time
  3. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah like tktouch12 said take as much time as possible. My friend took 3 hours applying it but the finishing of it was great! And trust me if your going to put it on dont take it off for a long time. I would consider trying a different case atm because the IS does not have any drop protection, all it protects againest are scratches. And its not like yo ucan fit this with other cases, most cases are made to fit the ipod without anything else applied on it. But its up to you and if you do decide to put this on then take your time.
  4. manybreak

manybreak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It aint dat difficult!! Take ur time

Look i went to pick up my invisible shield today and ii took lik 30 min applying with my cousing and it went very well the process

my ipod 2g 16gb its now taking a rest/drying of the sprayshield

wen you are applying it ,wen ur done ur gonna see some imperfection on ir,dont worry they will go away in a 1 - 2 days

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ahh ok thanks for the tips guys.
    I bought the IS cause I have a griffin iclear case but I effed up the screen cover. I know this is supposed to be scratch proof so I figured, what the hell?
    Would blow-drying it work to make it set quicker? Like just the edges so it will adhere easier?
  6. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    IS is crappy and peels very quickly, buy the BESTSKINEVER which is a lot better and cheaper.
  7. Zeustopher

Zeustopher New Member

I LOVE the IS! They are really nice to have on. The company originally started in Salt Lake City where I'm from and I got to see a demonstration of them before they became streamline. They are THE BEST $ you'll ever spend as far as an ipod goes.

As far as tips- Be Careful to not let the shield get stuck to itself by folding over. Thats the only time I've ever really had a problem was when it folded over itself. Then I had to use more spray than I would have liked to and ended up just barely short.

Good luck and enjoy!!
  8. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah good luck man, i dont think you get any better advice than all this.
  9. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna give it a go tonight!
  10. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3 hours to apply a screen/backplate protector. Ouch!

My Proporta Echo took about 5 minutes to do, is completely bubble free and is a sexy shiny mirror when the display is turned off.