InvisibleSHIELD vs. Best Skin Ever?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ElectricBuffalo, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey guys,

I searched around a little bit on the forum but couldn't find any comparisons or really any good reviews for that matter. I currently have the Griffin Elan Form case, but it's kinda bulky and gets dust, etc. stuck inside of it. So I've been looking into clear cases and wondering...

Which is better, the InvisibleSHIELD or the Best Skin Ever?

Clearly, BSE wins on the price tag issue, but I'm wondering if there is any reason they charge considerably more for the InvisibleSHIELD than the BSE's? Are there some features that one has and the other doesn't? Any information is helpful.
  2. halo456456

halo456456 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the bodyguardz skin. It comes with 2 skins for the front and back for 25 dollars. The quality is great. After 3 days the quality(if no dirt is under) is great and its literally scratch proof, although i haven't taken a razor to it.
  3. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

IS is more expensive because it has a lifetime warranty. Any happens, send it back & they give you a new one.

Personally, I think the IS is the best. I had the iClear before but it made it too bulky, heavy, dirty & too many scratches on the case. Just handle it with care because it doesn't protect from drops.
  4. NNelson

NNelson New Member

Hi ElectricBuffalo,

I am an iPod touch owner/operator and fan, and have the invisibleSHIELD on my iPod touch. I also happen to work for ZAGG, the creators of the invisibleSHIELD, so it probably isn’t much of a surprise which protective solution I chose.

When we first started protecting electronics with a clear, thin, tough film, we thought it would be a popular idea, but had no idea the extent of the industry we were creating. Companies like BSE have a good product, and they have been able to offer it for less money, as you noted, but they do not have the same quality of film as the invisibleSHIELD. We found the very best film in the beginning, and that has been our product ever since.

One of the outstanding qualities of the invisibleSHIELD is something called Nano-Memory Technology, which is visible as a very subtle texture in the surface of the invisibleSHIELD. This superior component of the film makes it the most durable protective film of its kind, along with providing self-healing properties that extend the life of your device. In addition, the greater pliability and flexibility provided by Nano-Memory Technology allows the invisibleSHIELD designs to cover the corners and curves of your device better than any other brand on the market. This also makes installation much easier.

Because the film we use is patented and exclusive to ZAGG for the purpose of covering electronics, nobody else can offer the same quality of product. Either of your choices would be an upgrade from a bulky case, but we feel that the invisibleSHIELD is the best option – which is probably not a surprise either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope this gives you something to think about – good luck!
  5. arif_azim

arif_azim New Member

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      110 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      126.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      86.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      90.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      178.2 KB
      Views:
  6. iNatalia

iNatalia New Member

Was looking for a car solution for my ipod Touch and stumbled upon this thread....

Just got an invisibleSHIELD a couple of months ago....and I am not a happy camper (see attached pix)...contacted the customer support for a replacement - turns out to get a replacement under the 'lifetime warranty' you gotta pay for shipping and handling...I don't think I should. Does ZAGG have so many replacement requests it's gonna go bankrupt from paying for shipping?

I am extremely careful with all my gadgets, but the IS I got is deteriorating as if I ate on it.

So, the OP might like the product for a while, but then what...?

Attached Files:

7. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. BayAreaKing

BayAreaKing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Any idea why they give you 2 skins? Seems kind of useless unless the quality isn't as good as the others?
  9. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

BEcause they dont have a lifetime warranty and they know you might mess up, unlike IS
  10. Resilient Mike

Resilient Mike New Member

Did you happen to install this yourself?

I've had the IS on my BlackBerry for months and has been unbelievable. I did however go to the standalone cart in one of the malls here in AZ and had a professional install it. I seem to find that people who dislike IS either installed it themselves, or didn't pay attention to the curing process.