invisibleSHIELD Question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by +dan, Jun 25, 2009.

1. +dan

+dan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Just wondering, does the front piece of the IS work with every case? I always hear things about cases not fitting with the IS on, but are they talking about the front or back piece?

EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
  2. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

i would think they would work just fine with the front since no case really covers the front, and with the full shield on it is just enough to make it difficult for most cases to go on correctly, unless you use a jelly case
  3. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

BSE user here (it's the same product, really, regardless of what the marketing loons say).

I don't think it would be a problem. I think that with the back piece on there might be issues, but I don't think it matters as much if you only have the front on. Some really precise cases (RebelTouch, NeoTouch) might be tight, but I'd think they would be fine.
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

No ok, god so many noobs post this..

Tell me, does the case go on the screen? Or on the back?
    Now if there was something on the screen, would it get in the way?
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not one person who posted are noobs.

But to answer your question: I have the IS and it goes on the whole iPod. The first piece is the screen, the second is the back. If you want to use like a hardshell, snap on case, it gets pretty tight. I have the Griffin iClear and its really tight to put on. I use my iPod and my iPod dock for an alarm clock so I never use the iClear because the iPod won't fit on the dock. Its pretty inconvenient to have to take the case on an off so I wouldn't recommend another case.
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

I am sorry it is just you have absolutely no idea how many posts there are about if IS fits, SEARCH.
  7. Crigger540

Crigger540 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  8. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the front piece of the invisible shield does not cause any problems with any normal slider or gel cases to my knowledge. the back piece however does make it hard or impossible for slider cases to fit.

i have the body glove slider case and it WOULD NOT go on with the back piece of the IS set on. so i waited for the corners to get really bad and start peeling up aftera few months and i just pulled the back off and now im using my body glove case with the front screen protecter invisible shield, and it works fine.

gels on the other hand have no problem getting on and off with the back piece on. due to the fact that they can stretch and arent a fixed tight size, they just stretch over the extra mm or so that the back IS cover adds.