InvisibleSHIELD or Iwrap???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by soccerb12ku, Dec 15, 2007.

1. soccerb12ku

soccerb12ku New Member

InvisibleSHIELD or Iwrap???

which one is better? does anyone have a picture of your ipod with one of them on?
  2. phonebook

phonebook New Member

Seriously there is sooo many threads on this exact topic....

But anyway, I ordered the iwrap because I remember reading (FROM SEARCHING) that the Iwrap is supposed to be cut bettter than invisible shield so it therefore covers more of your ipod. Iwrap said that they use the exact same material as invisible shield but charge half the price.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not quite half -- it's still $15 (invisibleSHIELD is $25). What's the clarity and feel like on those though? I have a BestSkinsEver version of the invisibleSHIELD (hey, $8/pop for full-body) and it has a kind of textured anti-glare thing going on. It works great, it's incredibly easy to clean fingerprints from (and doesn't attract fingerprints like a magnet), and it's quite clear (you have to look at it under the light to see the texture) but the skin feels a bit grabby which kinda bugs me a bit.
  4. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

the texture isnt supposed to be a antiglare feature, dunno where you got that from.
    Its actually the side effects from producing this.

Anyways iu got an invisible shield and it took me around 2 weeks to get it evne though i payed for shipping and after applying it, im not very happy with it since it came w/ a vertical scratch that discolors white light emanating from the screen and the back was hard as hell to get on, the 2 flaps on the top aren't placed properly so theres a little gap on the hinges (w/e you call it) and its annoying as hell. Also since the bezel of the screen is like 2 mm above the screen, air bubbles never disappear in that area. Also the damn thing doesn't cover the entire ipod, i was hoping to get extra pieces of the product so you can cut them out and stick them on those revealed areas but the cheap bastards don't even supply those.

Other than that, the invis shield is awesome, it gives good grip and protects your ipod touch, especially the front side the bezel and the chrome back from scratches.
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Weird. Apart from very small areas of exposure the bestskinsever shield covers pretty much everything, and it was quite easy to apply. What bubbles I couldn't squeegee out dissipated after a couple of days and it looks perfect now.