InvisibleShield installation problem, out of ShieldSpray!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Yongkykun, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    My IS is here and I can tell you that it's one of the best product with one of the best customer service that I've ever known so far. Plus the shipping is amazingly fast. I got it in 8 days and I live in Indonesia.

My problem is, I screwed up the installation process! I tried installing the back piece first since I thought that it's the hardest part. And apparently, it was. I had to peel it off quite a lot of times till I finally ran out of the ShieldSpray solution. So I used water instead and the backpiece is finally on, though I'm not too happy with it coz when I tried installing it the first time, I used surgical glove and I didn't realize that they added powder on it! So now the backpiece has some powder on it. Just small part, but still bothers me.

Now the front piece! Can anyone please tell me whether it's okay or not to use water instead of the ShieldSpray? Thanks in advance....
  2. Hmerly

Hmerly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just refill the spray tube with water, it should be fine. If it loses that soapy feel, just add a very small drop of hand soap to the water. Thats basically all it is.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Just refill the the spray bottle that came with your IS with water. The solution is mostly water anyway.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks to both of you! Installing the front piece now! Thank u thank u thank u... +1 rep to both of you!
  5. irchief

irchief New Member

the solution is just soap water lol
  6. saysay

saysay New Member

A tiny bit of hand soap or baby shampoo(less than a drop) with water. Don't use gloves. Just wash your hands twice and soak it in the solution as well as the IS completely. Use a lot of solution the first time so you don't have to redo it. You know you use enough solution when it just lays completely flat with no bubbles and you can slide it around a bit. Also wipe the ipod with some of the "solution" too and there's like a 2% chance of dirt or anything. The more you hesitate the worse it'll turn out.