InvisibleShield by Zagg or Crystal Clear by Steinheil?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ganman_14, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Ganman_14

Ganman_14 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey everyone,

Can't remember how long ago I visited this forum, back when I wanted to get an iPod touch. Now that I have one, as per the thread topic, which do you think is better? An invisible shield all over or use the steinheil crystal clear with a case? Or even, just get the front part of invisible shield with a case.

My brother has that last option on his. He has an invisible shield front with a rebel touch case. The case looks awesome, but adds a little thickness. I love the IS despite the "orange peel" look because it is really good at resisting scratches and fingerprints while being glossy. I also find it smooth enough and does not interfere with touch sensitivity

With the steinheil, I have read that the crystal clear one also does resist fingerprints quite well, however I am not too sure about it's ability to resist scratches.

So what is your opinion??

Cheers
  2. naveen94

naveen94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if u want drop protection get a case if u dont care if u drop it get the zagg
  3. Ganman_14

Ganman_14 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I kind of baby my ipod, lol. At the moment it is in a case, but I feel that it is quite thick. I just saw gadgetshieldz as well. How is that compared to invisibleshield? Seems to be of similar material, but not sure if it can resist fingerprints like the invisibleshield. Anyone experienced the difference?
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use Zagg only for the back
    Zagg screen film, looks unnatural and doesn't feel all that well, a bit sticky to tell you the truth

the best screen film i came across for my iPod was Powersupport Crystal Clear Film

I personally prefer my iPod without cases, it adds unnecessary bulk and changes the look of it, and i dont throw my iPod around lol
  5. Ganman_14

Ganman_14 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha, really? My bro has one on his, and I've used it. To me i kinda like that rubbery feeling, but it is actually still very smooth, not sticky... just my opinion.

Is that powersupport one good at resisting fingerprints?
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah idk how to put it in words
    but you are right, feels rubbery, unnatural, and doesn't looks all that well imo

Powersupport crystal clear film feels very good/natural and looks amazing, some friends cant even tell my ipod has a screen film

Yes power support is VERY scratch resistant, it brings two films, i had my first film for over year and half already and have just minor unnoticeable scratches

It is in perfect shape still, really high quality product
  7. scottz

scottz New Member

I have had the Steinheil protection film for my ipod for years and it has prevented me from scratches, and it has aided with clarity. I say it's better than not having any kind of shield on.