InvisibleSheild- Any Problems????

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jrhino, Dec 26, 2007.

1. jrhino

jrhino New Member

I just got a new i-touch. I was very interested in the invisible shield protector. However, someone (who actually worked in the apple store) said that he had seen many I-Phones coming in for repair - and all had one thing in common...the invisible shield. He advised me not to get one. However, he said that it may not affect the i-touch. What are your experiences???
  2. jas8340

jas8340 New Member

I haven't had any problems with my shield on my Touch. However, I could see where people would experience issues after install since you have to "wet" the shield before you put it on. A friend at work has the sheild on an iPhone and he hasn't had any problems. I usually tell people to check out the install demo vid on their website to get an idea of what it takes to apply the shield.
  3. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Uhm, I have one on mine. I didn't wet the shield though. I bought the touch, and the first time I pulled it out, I put on the screen. It's great. Shield + Silicone case = 0 scratchezz.
  4. jas8340

jas8340 New Member

5. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ah.
    the shield i got came with adhesive on. it's prty swt.
  6. lauren1987

lauren1987 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i bought it the other day so i hope it's good. i read somewhere that you can remove it anyway so i'm not worried
  7. ben471

ben471 New Member

concerns

I just got an Invisible shield and I'm not going to put it on just yet. I was looking at it and i don't like that it goes over the wifi. If I'm supposed to get it a little wet then I don't want it being over the wifi which has small cracks around the edges.

My other concern, or question rather is about the screen. The piece for the screen seems way to big, I guess it is meant to cover not only the glass screen but also the black ring around the screen? For those of you who have them was the screen difficult to get right? I feel like it will be a pain to get it to go from the screen the the plastic ring without bubbles, air pockets, ect.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  8. lauren1987

lauren1987 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just put mine on with no problems- only got the front cover for the screen though
  9. linds

linds New Member

I don't have an IS but I have one from bestskinsever which is practically the same thing. I just applied it yesterday.

Yes, the front piece covers the black border around the screen as well. The skin is supposed to cover pretty much the entire thing except for some small spots on each corner.

I found that both pieces were pretty easy to apply as long as you don't use too much solution and not too little either. It slides around so you can position it perfectly (until the solution dries entirely of course). You need some patience because you do need to wait around until the solution dries a little so that it starts becoming 'sticky'. The sides and corners of the skin won't stick to the touch until this happens.

I'm not sure if the IS comes with a little squeegee thing but you can use a credit card or something similar to squeeze the excess solution and air bubbles out.

In the end, it's actually pretty easy to apply. It just takes patience.