Invisible shield?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by itouchmaster12345, Feb 1, 2008.

1. itouchmaster12345

itouchmaster12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've used windex a lot for my screen, and I've just learned that it can allow for scratches. I always get a lot of smudges on my screen too.

I had recently bought a silicon case for just the back and edges of my ipod, and the screen protector it came with was a piece of crap.

Should I go for the invisible shield, while its on sale, or buy a different screen protector, like the one from apple? I want a good quality one that I can use for a while.
  2. saysay

saysay New Member

For screen protectors, invisibleshield and bse and all that aren't good at all. It's feels tacky and frictiony and isn't as clear from an angle. I recommend you get the power support crystal or anti-glare (that's the "one from apple" you're talking about).
  3. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    "invisibleshield and bse and all that aren't good at all" that makes no sense at all.. because those ones in apple stores.. "anti-glare" ARE films.. and apple doesn't make them, they only carry them. As for clarity on angles.. it really depends how you put it, and how well you squeege it.. yes I have seen different results on different angles. Yes it is clear.. I think your talking about the glossyness not the clarity. Those invisible shields .. do are NOT scratch proof, they only prevent scratches as much as possible.. regardless what it is written on their site's description. There the same product as BSE.. please do you're research before you post.. because this question gets asked... thousand times a day.. and it's simple.

"I want a good quality one that I can use for a while" It really depends how well you install it.. If you're a moron and do not follow instructions.. and do it in a enviroment where theres alot of dust.. like.. the room you're in right now unless you have a computer in your bathroom then yes.. you will have a protector that won't last very long. If your paranoid go for the IS over the BSE, while it's on sale, because it is a better deal with the life time warranty
  4. saysay

saysay New Member

sorry mr.technical.
    I see your Engrish isn't perfect either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Obviously they "ARE" films...what's your point? I said the IS/BSE are not as clear because of the texture to them from the way they're made. They got dimples and wavyness and feel a bit "sticky". They are optically clear but the texture is visible is all I'm saying. They're basically a high quality vinyl that's more scratch resilient and cleaner (less wavy, etc). Also the installation doesn't make it any better or worse unless you truly screw up. You just need a lot of solution and wipe off all fingerprints/dust. It'll effortlessly lay perfectly flat with no microbubbles and you just squeegee out everything else.

The "apple store" one (I already said that "power support" makes them) is harder plastic film and might scratch easier (they don't "give' as much) but it's better on the screen because it's 99.99% smooth/clear/flat and feels better when you touch/pinch/etc without all that friction. It is a film but you can't say it's "and all that" and compare it to the bse/IS because it's completely different material. The installation on this one you have to be really careful because you don't have the help of liquid solution.

Please don't correct other people when clearly there's nothing to correct.
  5. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    "Please don't correct other people when clearly there's nothing to correct." Is this a debate on which film is best?
  6. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not to get into the middle of a less than happy argument, I've got a thought...

I have the Crystal film on my ipod and just recently put it on. The back protector that comes with it only covers a portion of the back of it though.

Could you use the Invisible Shield skin for the back, because from my understanding it wraps around the sides, and use Crystal for the screen? How much would be left uncovered, if anything?

I know it would cost more since you have to buy two products, but hell, we all spent some cash on this gadget in the first place, a few extra dollars to keep it in good shape makes sense to me.

-Jeff
  7. saysay

saysay New Member

JeffS, you should hurry up and get the IS while it's on sale (you get a liftetime replacement warranty unlike bse) and you'd still not be spending much.

With the BSE/IS, it covers everything including corners except the flaps that go around the corners will give you slight gaps in between. But really nothing to worry about though. Unlike some "extra film" some products come with, the BSE/IS were designed to form around the back of the ipod.

@raEEv3: I got no idea what you're talking about. I said the power support film is not the same as the BSE/IS even though they "ARE" films. The BSE/IS ARE the same 3M material (except some have said the IS is slightly thicker). !!!!!!?????