invisible shield warranty question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by stony2k2, Jul 22, 2008.

1. stony2k2

stony2k2 New Member

have you realy got to register your purchase of your invisible shield? i bought mine from play.com cos a full body was only £10.

im wondering cos if i ever got to take my shield off for sum reason, can i jus send them the shield part ive removed with my return address or have i realy got to register that ive purchased it?
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think you've understood the warranty.

You can't just take a part of your invisibleshield off and send it in and hope for a replacement to come in the mail.

So really, why would you take it off?
    Also..

Register is ASAP.
  3. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Definitely register at their site. Also You have to send them the entire shield both back and front. Good thing is they only need the shield so you can probably just send it via envelope. Also note that is isn't really free since you still have to pay for shipping ($3 or $4 dollars US or something like that) but the plus is they send you the entire kit; box with shield, liquid, and squeegee. SO its not an entirely bad deal

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. JBknights10

JBknights10 New Member

5. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

Question, say I took it off but I eventually wanted it again. Would it look realistic if I just cut a small slit in this and said it was scratched from such and such, think they would let me get a new one?
  6. JBknights10

JBknights10 New Member

Just keep it. No need to cut it, you have a lifetime warranty, send it the one you took off and they'll send you a replacement.
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol yeah no need, just contact them about a replacement and they should send you one. Their warranty covers having to remove the film due to sending it to apple for repairs so i think you should be fine.
  8. iAuzy

iAuzy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you seriously did cut it and send it in to get a new one, then
    i guess invisible shield ain't that great after all, that is, if you managed
    to scratch it.

Invisible shield were used in Helicopters to prevent scratches on blades, I
    really doubt you would be able to cut a "small slit" in it.

Just saying

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. 93bh

93bh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I always failing alot with the invisble sheild. This process took like from 8:00 pm to 1:30 am to make it perfect. But I almost ran out of ShieldSpray.

I'm wondering if I remove the invisible shield from my iPod. Can I put it back again?

Edited:
    [Offtopic]
    IAuzy
    I check it in your youtube channel, and I said "wow! you got lowest view, I got higher view like over 15,000 views." lol, J/K about challenging. (not about view)
    [Offtopic]
  10. JBknights10

JBknights10 New Member

If you almost run out of the spray just put some water in it. There is still enough solution in the bottle to mix with the water and it will work just fine.