Invisible shield Scratches!!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by NCtarheels011, Nov 26, 2007.

1. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

Ok im just making a thread here just to make a statement saying that the invisible shield can scratch. I got the full body shield and for some reason just the front of the invisible shield got scratched, not the back. I didn't think it would but it did. So i called up and thank goodness they have a lifetime warranty. The guy i talked to said that it can get scratched and that the screen has a adhesive so it should repair itself in a couple of days. Well my didnt and so i had to order a new one. JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW THAT IT CAN GET SCRATCHED.

If it does scratched when you receive your new invisible shield make sure you send them your old one back. IF YOU DON'T YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED.
  2. phoenix079

phoenix079 New Member

I ordered InvisibleSHIELD just yesterday. Its a letdown to know that it can get scratched but thanks for the heads up.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    every thing can get scratched the point. the point of the Shield is that it is the thing that gets scrached and not your ipod
  4. gapboy

gapboy New Member

the demo is so believing even a pen test does not break it. I am having 2nd thoughts getting it now ....
  5. andrewpalooza

andrewpalooza New Member

Yeah, the guy's right. It gets scratched MUCH easier than the glass screen itself.

I ran a test during the first week of my purchase: All I did was quickly run my index finger's nail across the screen. I mean, if knives and pens cannot do much to scratch it as the site suggested -- what could a nail do?

Later I turned on my iPod and suddenly there was a rainbow line traced exactly as how I "scratched" it.
  6. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pictures please. I actually have bought the InvisibleSHIELD myself, and I'm telling you it's fantastic. It even gives me more grip on my iPod so that it doesn't accidentally slip out of my hands, etc. It also has this 'feel' that makes your iPod feel, in a way, .. "cute-er"? I don't know, but I highly recommend this to anyone with an iPod touch. The installation was quite simple: spray, apply, spray, apply. At first I thought I had messed it up because I still had soo many bubbles under the shield but, like magic, over a period of a few days the bubbles just disappeared! Now I can slide my hand/finger/flat surface across both sides of my touch without feeling any bumps at all. Thanks a lot ShieldZone for such an amazing "case".

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

You put on protection thinking that the protector can go unscathed? Very few polymer based products can claim they are scratchproof. I would never expect that. The purpose to buy these is to protect the iPod from scratches. No matter what claims they make nothing is completely invulnerable to damage.
  8. gapboy

gapboy New Member

anyone tried this invisible shield and how it is so far apart some getting scratch?
  9. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DUR DA DUR... of course it's gonna scratch... wow, smart one. Did you think the small little plastic shield was a 10 on the mohs hardness scale or something.

WOW
  10. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

well i suppose they are trying to make a point saying that it can't scratch at all. And they have done alot of test but idk i guess thats why you get the lifetime warranty.