Invisible Shield Rant

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ALBIM, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am disgusted with the product and my experience as a whole.

I buy my first IS at best buy, and go to put it on, and it comes with scratches on it from the box, but I try and put it on anyway, and it works fine, but 3 long scratches are down the screen so it's pretty much unusable, especially with a white screen.

I email the people at Zagg, and at first they are fine and ask me to mail the receipt. I mail it on the 19th of December, and a week later they had still not "received it". I email them back saying to look harder, and they then "find" it.

When they do find it, they explain that it will cost $3.95 to ship. I explain to them that since I never had a correct product in the first place, paying for shipping would only add to the already pricey product. They agree to waive the shipping.

But now, they are saying that the receipt only says front side only. I tell them that the receipt clearly says full body, and I payed $20+ for it so it is obviously the full body.

At this, they cave and send me a link to the shopping cart. Except the shopping cart doesn't have anything in it, and shipping isn't waived.

I sent ANOTHER email asking for a link to a shopping cart with a full body IS with free shipping, and they finally get it right. It's January 10 now, almost a month after I first bought the IS. It took them 2-3 days to respond to each email.

After 2 weeks of waiting for it to ship, I finally get the IS, ready to apply it and go on my way.

Amazingly, the shield goes on without a hitch. No bubbles besides miniscule ones off the screen, and the back only has a few as well. All should be well in a few days.

Wrong.

I go back after a day or so, and new bubbles had formed! They didn't look like bubbles the could be squeegied, but I tried anyway. No luck. Also, the corner of the back had come off sometime in my waiting period (I checked it every few hours, so it must of somehow come off around the 38 hour mark). The corner won't even go back on because the adhesive is spent. The bubbles are still there, along with the lone corner that won't go on right.

Is this just an especially bad experience, or this the norm?

and yes tl;dr
  2. SpasticPat

SpasticPat Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I bought an IS just the front for my LG Dare. I hated it. It wouldn't go on right, and when I took it off, it became stretched so that even if I used tape to get the lint and sh*t off, it still wouldn't go back on right. I wrote to them and got a refund but I did have to write a lot of emails to get it. I don't like any of these film type protectors. I really don't see how they can protect from a real hard hit. I like the static screens better.
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

I think it is just a bad experience. I have had no problems at all. You should try calling them next time, their customer service is reputable.
  4. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    At least your iPod didn't break while trying to put it on...

Good thing I was still under warranty.
  5. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ouch. That would be worse.
  6. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That really sucks. I've had a BSE for over a year, and all that's happened to me is a little corner peeling.
  7. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I second this rant lol
  8. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I like the IS, you just have to be patient while installing it. That's all.
  9. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Same here.

OP - you just sound plain unlucky. The Invisible Shield is not a bad product, even if it is overpriced. The warranty it comes with is nice though. My only problem with the Invisible Shield is that it's company (Zagg) has some disgusting techniques for marketing, such as signing up for a forum disguised as a normal user and advertising or mentioning the IS whenever possible. They also use these fake accounts to claim that the IS is different than Bodyguardz or BSE. It isn't. The warranty is pretty awesome though, I must say. I would probably buy one if Zagg didn't disgust me as a company.
  10. 04jtb

04jtb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree
    Took a lot of patience and perseverence to install mine and it was fine.