Invisible shield only with certain cases?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by itouchmaster12345, May 3, 2008.

1. itouchmaster12345

itouchmaster12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    People are always talking about cases that do an do not fit with the invisible shield. I really don't understand this... the invisible shield is so thin and you don't even know it's there, yet some cases don't work with it? that doesn't make sense to me. can someone explain why
  2. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Because most hard plastic cases will fit the touch so perfectly that the touch itself won't wobble/move. Add any film on the front, back & both sides, it's gonna add some size. Pretty self explanatory IMO. Cases like silicon & leather will fit. They stretch & don't fit tight on the touch.
  3. Xettexl

Xettexl New Member

Also some cases may fit...but a tight fit. A tight enough fit that your ipod touch w/ an IS on it will fit in it but become stuck inside it. Due to the rubbery texture of the IS on it. IMHO, if your going to get an IS you should use a silicone case as well...(Ipod touch w/ IS on it + Silicone Case = Good fit).... and hope you never drop your ipod touch. A leather case would work too...but I was never fan of leather cases. Plus silicone cases are pretty cheap.