Invisible Shield Durability

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by steeped, Apr 16, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

So I bought myself this dock off DealExtreme for the Touch. It's a great dock but my Touch doesn't fit in there with my Griffin case on. So I know if I use the invisible shield, it could fit inside the dock, but hoe durable is the invisible shield?

I dropped my ipod on the floor many times, and with the Griffin case I have yet got a scratch on it. If I drop my iPod on the floor with the invisible shield, is my iPod dead?

Also, if the invisible shield won't protect my iPod if it falls, is there any other case which is just as thin and fit in my dock?
  2. Cstsxyfry212

Cstsxyfry212 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine completely protects it and i have no scratches except on the back (i don't know how considering i have an "incase" case over it), but i currently have no scratches and ive had mine since december of 07, so i think, yes it will protect it from scratches if you drop it, but no it wont protect it from the actual ipod breaking or internal damage

hope this helps!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

It wouldn't prevent dents from falling, would it?
  4. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Sadly, it won't prevent dents if you drop it. My brother has an IS on his Classic & dropped it a few times. The uncovered areas have little dents.
    1 person likes this.
  5. steeped

steeped New Member

Damn, what do you think my best bet will be? I see the incase, you think it's too think to fit in my dock?
  6. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Get the ivyskin.
  7. steeped

steeped New Member

Wow that looks sweet. And extremely small to, and no need for screen protector.

Is it a good strong case, or one of those which cracks off bit by bit?
  8. NNelson

NNelson New Member

I am actually an employee of ZAGG (who makes the invisibleSHIELD), so taking into account that I am obviously going to promote our product

I would second the answer that the invisibleSHIELD is not specifically designed to prevent damage from drops or falls. I would recommend using the invisibleSHIELD together with a silicone case (iFrogz is my personal favorite) to help protect it both ways. Cases like the iFrogz are too big for the dock, of course, but they are pretty easy to slip off the device.
  9. themartini

themartini New Member

invisible shield is amazing it fits in every acessory if you were going out and wanted to protect even more u can fit another hard case around it .