Invisible shield and pouch/sleeve

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tatsu, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently put my invisible shield on and must say I like it very much but i still feel uncomfortable with my ipod not being inside something. Does anyone else with an invisible shield feel the same? I've been taking a look at the case list (awesome job btw) and the incipio case seems really nice, but I heard from one of the IS reps that leather can discolor the shield. So I don't know what to do lol.
  2. saysay

saysay New Member

incipio orion is a nice case but it's not build very durable (the stitching I guess) and the tab slider thing can make streaks on your is from what I heard. If you want a really nice sleeve for $30, vaja makes one (slimbag or something). I think it's new and I'd love to see a review on the thing. try google vaja.
  3. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Cool, thanks for your input. I was worried that the build wouldn't be very good, Im pretty sure the vaja one is gonna be sweet and I've always wanted a vaja case. I'm gonna go check it out.

Ok I checked it out, vaja has some awesome cases but I just cant justify the prices. The Slimbag is nice and sleek but its just way too expensive for a sleeve.
  4. saysay

saysay New Member

umm...you were considering paying $20 for an incipio and paid $25 for a "military grade" shield (high quality vinyl basically) but $10 more is too much for fine Argentinian leather? idk then. Most of them are for girls so I suggest getting something not made specifically for ipod.
    Or try see if anyone has a zune pouch they don't use. I got one and it works great.
  5. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I know 10$ isn't that much of a difference but I've already spent 40$ on two cases that I was dissapointed with so please understand why i would be hesitant to spend 30$ on one. But after looking at it again and playing around with the customization I'm actually starting to consider it more.
  6. saysay

saysay New Member

same here...I tend not to consider things (anything) over a certain price mark even though technically it's only a little bit more that what I would consider.
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah lol at this point I'm thinking of either making my own or just reusing the sleeve that came with my 30 gig 5G. lol nothing beats free.
  8. saysay

saysay New Member

have you considered a case? Really, you're never going to be using a pouch all the time....just to keep it in your bag or carry it from point a to b. The incipio kickstand looks pretty nice:

http://www.myincipio.com/product/IP...e_for_Apple_iPod_touch_itouch_by_Incipio.html

Every time you take it out of a pouch/sleeve to use it you're going to be left with both a sleeve and ipoT in your hands which is a hassle and you'll feel just as unprotected as like it is right now.
  9. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol that doesn't look too bad for a case. I have considered a case but the main reason why I installed the Invisible shield was because cases were just too bulky and I felt that pouches and sleeves were a little thinner and didn't require the ipod to be inside all the time, basically I just wanted to preserve the ipod's thin form factor. lol i just realized that the pouch and sleeve would be kinda redundant since I already have the invisible shield on, I guess its psychological lol.
  10. saysay

saysay New Member

ha
    If you want a case over it, that says that you actually don't like the thinness. Like I said, whenever you take it out of the pouch (most of the time) which is pretty inconvenient btw, it'll be just as naked. When I first used an ipoT I was like "how the hell do you hold this thing?!". I never liked the thin, sharp, harsh feel or look. I know it's thin but come on, you have to be reasonable...

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl56138/2