Invisible Music

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by skyboysky, Sep 14, 2008.

1. skyboysky

skyboysky New Member

So here's a weird one. I install to version 2.1, however, there is now no music on my iPodTouch, although the space that that music (5.1GB) was taking up on the iPod previously, is marked as "Other". It's like it's there, but I just can't access it.

I'd really like to avoid having to do a complete wipe on it...reinstalling everything takes time I don't have.

Here's hoping someone has a quick fix? Thanks in advance!
  2. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When this happened to me, I had to restore but my iPod wasn't PWNed. If your iPod is PWNed maybe there is a way. Also try going into settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings. This will delete everything but at least you won't have to restore.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more, it's a very annoying problem.

Bkram1
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    did you go from 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 - 2.1? That may be your problem.

Symlink var/root to var/mobile
  4. brainstorm

brainstorm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If u have jailbroken ur ipod and u r using windows then install iphone browser 1.8 and u can copy this folder /var/mobile/media/itunes_control .that contains all ur music..and u can just copy the whole folder into itunes and it should be displayed again in ur ipod
  5. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same problem, ssh into it, go to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music, and delete all the files in there, then go to the "iTunes cotrol folder, and set permissions to 0777 recursively

it is caused by the no backup error while jailbreaking.......cause it causes a bad sync, thus, leaving bad data
  6. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for letting us know, I never knew this. I will try it next time when/if I get the problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Bkram1
  7. skyboysky

skyboysky New Member

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I finally decided to just do a wipe of the whole thing, then restored the backup, and that fixed it. I was worried about losing data, but that didn't happen. It just deleted all the music, videos, etc., then restored them, along with other Apps data, etc., when I did the restore.

Just a note, it wasn't jailbroken, so that wasn't an issue.

Thanks again for all the tips.
  8. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    please help me i have the same problem i dont wanna restore or update. i itried ssh'ing and deleting all files in itunes_control/music and set the itunes_control to 0777 recursive and resprang to no avail. please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

After deleting all the files, you have to re-sync.
  10. skyboysky

skyboysky New Member

I understand you, I was worried about the same thing, but in the end, the only thing that it did after the reset was reorder my App icons...everything was exactly how it was before the reset!