Invert

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by pljay03, May 16, 2009.

1. pljay03

pljay03 New Member

Well the thing is that my iTouch's screen is really messed up. The display on EVERYTHING seems to be, more-or-less, inverted. So I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to make a program or theme that would display with inverted colors? Thanks.
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Screenshot please?
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can I just tell you how and you can do it yourself? Sorry I'd love to do this for you but sadly enough I can't

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. pljay03

pljay03 New Member

It's really hard to explain because when I take snapshots with my iPod and email the pictures to myself or upload them to my computer, then they appear normal. However, when I'm normally playing with my iPod, they display appears inverted.
    Here is how the iPod is supposed to look:

And here is how the iPod kind of looks (a little bit darker):

Sure, I'd love that.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I remember a while back I took the Cydia icon off my iPod and it appeared inverted on my computer. So I know what you're talking about.

K tutorial on how to invert colors:
    1) if you don't have an image editing program, download GiMP and install.
    2) Make a folder and call it "Invert" (no quotes, that is the theme name)
    3) inside that folder make a folder called Icons (that's where the icons go)
    4) We're gonna make a pure white wallpaper: Open GIMP, select New or Create (I can't remember which) it should ask you what dimension canvas you want, put 320x480. It will either give you a pure white canvas or a checkerboard style canvas (the checkerboard one is transparent, so you'll need to paint it white using the paint bucket tool). Once it's white (if it starts white then it's white) save it as Wallpaper.png (capitalization matters) and drop it in the Invert folder.
    5) Find the default dock (this website's search bar and google are a good source, I can't remember the SSH location). Open the dock with GIMP, click on the Colors tab at the top (where File etc are) and you'll see Invert, click it. K that's done, save it as Dock.png and drop it in the Invert folder.
    6) You can try and find the default icons or you can SSH into your /Applications/(Appname) directory and extract the icon.png. You can use one of these (Mac or Windows) to convert them to readable format if they aren't already. Afterwards open em up with GIMP, Colors tab, Invert, save as the APP NAME EXACTLY AS IT READS ON THE SPRINGBOARD in a png format. Drop these in the Icons folder.
    7) SSH into /var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX and drop your invert theme in.
    8) Apply through Winterboard. Good luck!
  6. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how did u invert? i want that!
  7. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's in the accessibility options. I think it's called Black on White (or White on Black)
  8. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Accsesibilty is not available on the iPod touch. So how would you invert the colors like that. I'm talking about the first gen by the way. I would really like to get this "theme".
    Please PM me if your going to reply! I don't check this forum alot that's why I want you to PM me.
  9. Milesneptune

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    me too i want it
  10. Milesneptune

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how do you do it?