Introduction - why I like the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Shrike, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Hello. I just thought I'd introduce myself and say why I think the iPod Touch is a great little creation. Bear in mind I've only had it a week.

I always disdained smartphones because of the stupid amounts of money people spend on them. I can't afford one and even if I could I'm not sure I could justify it. Well, OK, if money was no object I'd probably get an iPhone, but I'd feel ripped-off. That's why I was always intrigued by the idea of getting an iPod Touch. I finally got a secondhand one from ebay. It seems like a great buy to me - £90 for an amazingly useful, interenet-connected hand-sized computer. I haven't been disappointed by it. If anything, it's exceeded my expectations in most areas. I used to think laptops were wonderfully handy but now they seem so passé (and heavy and hot and clunky) compared with my iPod. My 6 year old iBook is a dog too compared to the iPod, and it cost £820. See what I mean?

I need a nice big desktop for photo editing, but apart from that, the iPod will do.

I'm currently refusing to buy any apps. I've been hoovering up free stuff. I'm not sure how long I can hold out though...
  2. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Welcome, glad you like your touch. I know exactly how you feel about paying for apps. There are just so many good, free ones. I survived for about a year before I broke down and bought some paid apps.
    Well, enjoy your time on iptf.com!
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tips:

• Always ALWAYS try the free version first. No matter the reviews.
    • If a Paid app has gone Free because of some event or holiday, get it. It may never be free again.
    • Always ALWAYS wait to buy an App on special events or holidays. Check many websites such as touchArcade or AppShopper or Twitter to see who has made their App Free or discounted. Be a smart shopper.
    • But the main thing is, support the developers. If you find an App that is truly awesome, throw them a few bucks. Buy the App. It's magnitudes cheaper than Desktop/Laptop software. You may think the App on your iPod touch is pointless, but sometimes, they're more awesome than their bigger cousins. People spend a lot of time makin them.
  4. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    @mangels09: Yeah, maybe I can get people to get me some of the really nice apps for birthdays/Christmases.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks Teslanaut. I'd been intending to ask about the best way to get free offers so that's good advice.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks Teslanaut (I thought I'd already replied to you but apparently my reply got lost in cyberspace). I'd been intending to ask about the best way to get free offers so your advice is good. I'm already looking on appshopper.

[EDIT] Oops, they were merged. OK, I get it.
  5. iTat1000

iTat1000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You said you wanted a nice desktop for photo editing..well Theres a App for that: u should try photoshop mobile...its fast (on a third gen ipt) and it's got some of the features of the full blown photoshop (not many though) and best of all it's free!

hope this helps
  6. Shrike

Shrike New Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    There's an app for that?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Not quite.

Yeah, I know about Photoshop. I'll get it at some point. It might have its uses.