Interrupted Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Jroen_w, May 20, 2008.

1. Jroen_w

Jroen_w New Member

From: iPodTouchBlog.nl: http://www.ipodtouchblog.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=431&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
    Translated:
    When I was doing a Jailbreak (iPod 1.1.4 jailbreak), i had iTunes still turned on.
    Then my Jailbreak interrupted (donno if he did it, or his PC in some way)
    Now my iPod bricked and you can only see the screen with all the black letters (from the jailbreak).
    Does anyone know what to do?

Please react fast!
    YOU CAN'T GET IT IN DFU
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Its just the BSD error and there are fixes posted all over this forum. Very simple! Get into proper mode and then use Ziphone to kick back into normal mode and it will be like you never tried to jailbreak
  3. Jroen_w

Jroen_w New Member

You can't go back to the normal mode, because it's stuck at the black screen with the white text (normally going down like crazy).
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes, it's easy! Hold the home and power button until it shuts off and then let go of only the power button. Keep holding home button for like 10 secs, let go for 5 secs and then hold down again. If I recall the screen will go black or white. At that point go to advanced options on Ziphone and click restore to Normal Mode and it will be exactly the way it was before you started. Next time use 2.6b and run the NVRAM Fix first
  5. Jroen_w

Jroen_w New Member

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that you can't place it back into DFU mode.(to obvios)
    Can't imagine anything else to do: brick?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It will work fine if you do it write. This happened a thousand times a day about 2 months ago and everyone managed to correct it. Nothing has been done to the ipod.
  7. Jroen_w

Jroen_w New Member

I'm sorry, I was looking trough several reactions very fast, so I thought you were just an other one who was going to say DFU mode!
    Thanks a lot, I told the other one how to do it, I hope it works, i'll post how it went!
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    No it's not the normal way but it is how you do it. Trust me I have done it myself numerous times and walked others through numerous times also with no problems.
  9. Hub

Hub New Member

Hi,
    I'm the one with the problem .. And holding the button doesn't work .. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Plz, im desperated ..
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It does work if you do it right. If you do it that way and then use Ziphone advanced options and click restore to normal mode it will make it like it never happened. If you want to just restore you can hold them for like 3060 secs until the little cord and disk image shows and then restore.