Internet tethering via WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freemini, Jan 28, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I uesd internet tethering(i'm from norway, tethering is in settings without any hacks) on a Mac with wifi on. My question is: Did it use 3g or the wifi connection. From 500mb of traffic I had 61 remaining before the use of tetherimg and after i had 0, it is possible that I used them at school because I used much more than 60mb with the mac.. I'm confused. The carrier didn't take any additional traffic...
  2. Alfred346

Alfred346 New Member

Re : Internet tethering via WiFi?

Everything you need to know about iPhone internet tethering:

Internet tethering on the iPhone has a lengthy history. (For those who don't know what internet tethering is, it basically allows you to connect to WiFi or 3G on your laptop through your iPhone by turning your iPhone into a "modem".) There was once an application in the iTunes App Store called NetShare. The app appeared, disappeared, then appeared again, and finally disappeared for good. It was a shock to see a tethering application make it to the App Store after Apple intentionally left tethering out of the iPhone package. Go here and here to read more about NetShare. More after the fold.

Netshare

Netshare

There have since been several jailbroken alternatives to enable iPhone tethering. PdaNet, made by June Fabrics, has been available for Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and jailbroken iPhones for a long time. Since the jailbreaking phenomenon, PdaNet has been one of the most downloaded applications in Cydia through the ModMyI depository.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

watch smallville Online | internet marketing training courses | seattle house cleaning
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I wanted to know if "Internet Tethering" from "Network" in settongs uses wifi or 3g..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Forget it, I found out, it uses 3g..