internet on iBook G3 without AirPort card using iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soldier4d, Jan 3, 2009.

1. soldier4d

soldier4d New Member

hi guys.

I own a iBook G3 (366 mhz graphite) without an AirPort card built in and a iPod Touch 2G.

Is it possible to surf wireless in the internet by just connecting the iPod Touch to the iBook(using the wireless LAN)?

How would that work?

That would be great!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks a lot!
  2. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i don't think thats possible. i don't have much experience with i books, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't emit wlan signal. it would basically have to have a mini router built in to do that. then again, i have been wrong before.
  3. HLR Element

HLR Element Banned

ummm... idk about that, it seems possible but i'm not sure if apple allows the touch to do that.
  4. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an ibook g4 with leopard(pretty sure its the same for earlier versions of os x) on it all u have to do is go to system preferences>sharing>internet and then click start internet sharing and u can choose from your ethernet,modem or firewire idk what firewire does but i know that the ethernet one works also i DO have an airport card so im pretty sure u need that in order to share your internet with your ipod touch
  5. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, he means use the iPod touch's wifi with the iBook because the iBook doesn't have an AirPort. So the answer is no.
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I believe if it can be jailbroken you can use an adhoc network like those psp's use. It's only a theory.