Internet connected but not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by revenoff, Jan 7, 2008.

1. revenoff

revenoff New Member

i was downloading apps when suddenly it said i need to clear up diskspace which is totally off, i have at least 250mb left

i went to try to download the app again and i noticed my connection was no longer working(safari won't load etc)

my ipot says i'm connected with excellent signal strength, my computer reports the same thing

i reset both my ipot and my wired router(i'm using a wireless card to make an ad hoc network with my ipot). i also tried removing the old network and creating a new one. the only things different are it takes my computer perhaps twice as long to acquire the network address, the ipot connection information is incorrect(it shows an ip address that is wrong - mine always starts with 192.168.0 but this one is way different, and there's no information in the "router" row) and of course the internet isn't working

any help is highly appreciated

edit - i doubt it has any relevance but i was downloading the advanced tweak kit
  2. edoras

edoras New Member

Install Boss Tool (you need to go to a wifi network and download it) to relocate your apps.

Restart the iPod to get the new IP address.
  3. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try putting a DNS server address on your wifi settings...type this on DNS in your ipods wifi settings... 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 seperate the two addresses using a comma... it worked for me when im connected but no internet... if it doenst work, just erase it and look for another solution..
  4. revenoff

revenoff New Member

how am i supposed to download boss tool if my internet doesn't work?

thanks but that didnt work
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    More likely to work with the DNS settings is to set the DNS to the same thing as Router.
  6. revenoff

revenoff New Member

as i mentioned in my original post, there is no longer any information in the "Router" row as there should be
  7. edoras

edoras New Member

Sorry, what I meant was - find a new place (wifi hotspot) where there is wifi connectivity to download the Boss Tool.
  8. revenoff

revenoff New Member

i'll try it out, but since it's not my actual connection that is the problem(my computer works fine) i don't think that'll change anything...

also, it's saying i have no space left on my partition which is terribly terribly wrong. even after deleting programs it says the same thing and won't let me download(i was experiencing this right before the internet stopped working)
  9. revenoff

revenoff New Member

yea it didn't work

the only difference was that the ip address was normal, and there was a router address filled in

otherwise the same, strong connection and safari etc doesn't work
  10. revenoff

revenoff New Member

bumpadeedump