internet access PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by kasy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. kasy

kasy New Member

Ok PLEASE help.
    My husband has an ipod touch and he's NEVER been able to get online or receive his emails...
    We don't have wifi at home. HOW is he supposed to get online?
    Keeping in mind that we're obviously dumb, please tell me what's up.
    SHOULD he be able to randomly connect with WIFI networks? I have the iphone and I'm always able to get connected but we understand that's because of...(ok I don't know why).

If he can never get a connection, then he wants to switch to an iPhone but it seems to me, he should already have everything he needs.
    Oh please help. This just makes me feel so stupid.
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    iPhone's come with an unlimited data plan, meaning it can access the internet and sh*t ast any time. iPod's can only use wifi. Unless you have wireless internet in that area, you won't be able to use the internet on the iPod.

If he wants internet all the time on his iPod, either get a wireless router, or an iPhone.
  3. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ^ You can also only connect to WiFi connections which are open to use or ones which you know the password for.
  4. jeffcball2004

jeffcball2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    First go to settings be sure to turn wifi on then when you go to wifi in settings it will search for a network. If one is available it will show up and will have a lock by it if protected. Your iphone always gets on because it uses the 3g or edge phone network probably not going through wifi. My wife has the first iphone and I have 1st gen ipod touch, works fine for me because usually only time I need online is around house where we have wifi. Jeff
  5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just a reminder... Using a neighbours wifi without permission is punishable by law, Its classed as Tresspassing...
    Lol...
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please don't PM me with attitude just because you broke the rules.
  7. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Don't expect internet unless you have internet. If your lucky enough to be able to steal a neighbors you ARE breaking the law. Even if its not protected. I hate how people like you think you can buy an ipod touch and get internet anywhere.
    ITS NOT AN IPHONE. And if it had internet everywhere you'd be paying 20 dollars a month for internet, Or more. Im tired of kids going UHHh i bought a ipod touchz soz whyz Dun i havez internetz0rs pl0x help meh! Though commercials make the thing look like a cheap iphone without a plan you should read up before you buy.
  8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iphones come with edge or a 3g network.... to connect to a wifi network go to settings wifi and wait till you see a network... without wifi no connection...
  9. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

I personally dont see the problem in just browsing the web but if your downloading movies n stuff like that just no.