Internet Access on Ipod Touch??????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cmp017, Oct 1, 2007.

1. cmp017

cmp017 New Member

I have been looking around to see how this is going to work and have been unsuccessful in finding the information I'm looking for. It seems as if the only place you can get on the internet wirelessly is at Starbucks. Is that correct? Or is that just the only place you can get to the itunes store for free? Is there any way to pay a monthly charge to get wireless internet at many different locations? Any help that can be provided is appreciated.
  2. jaypcanadian

jaypcanadian New Member

Any place that you could get wireless on your laptop, you could get wireless on the ipod touch. Some restaurants will offer free wifi- otherwise, you can use your wireless at home or at school (if you're a student).

I don't know how well the ipod touch deals with user authentication on pay-per-use wireless networks, but that's certainly an option in most city locations.
  3. cmp017

cmp017 New Member

so i'd be able to get internet access at any airports, hotel, coffee shop, etc, that has wireless?? And at no cost? Thanks for the quick response.
  4. YOHAN

YOHAN New Member

Yep. It basically just picks up every single signal in the area. If it's password protected, then you need to know the password to connect to that particular signal. If there's no password needed for a wifi signal, then you can immediately connect and surf the net for free.
  5. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

Anyplace that has Wifi you can connect. If you're at a friends house, and his connection is encrypted, you'll have to enter the password to connect to his network. As well as any other place that has a secure network.