International warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nadnerb33, Nov 6, 2008.

1. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My friend bought my 32gb iPod Touch when he was in America as it was cheaper than in the UK.
    That was only about 6 months ago and today I noticed the headphone jack is broken. ie sound only comes out 1 side and you have to wiggle it to get both L+R.
    Before you ask, yes I've tried my headphones on other things and they are fine.
    I've also tried other headphones on the iPod and the same thing happens.

So, is the fact that the iPod was bought in America going to effect the warranty since I'm now in the UK?

Shame on Apple! My 2nd gen 10GB 'brick' iPod is STILL working after about 5 years, yet my iPod Touch has lasted just over 5 months!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's kind of hit or miss if they will fix it locally or make you send it back. When I lived in Japan they would not do it locally and I actually had to mail my Powerbook back to parents house so they could send it to Apple in the box Apple provided. When I was in Germany they fixed another device there which was purchased in US. Hopefully they will just swap for a refurb there. Regardless it is still under warranty but it may or may not be difficult to get it taken care of.
  3. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cheers.

I have a Apple reseller nearby so I might take it there but I'm not sure if I should mention it's from USA or not.

It's also jailbroken, but that can be reversed easy enough with a restore, right?
  4. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, they gave me a brand new iPod, w00t!
    Still 1st gen tho.