International Keyboard fails to work

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by pokkerivend, Oct 14, 2008.

1. pokkerivend

pokkerivend New Member

Hello iPod Touch fans

I've got this amazing portable library here with music, movies, books and Dictionaries. As a studient, it's great to have a dictionary in your pocket that would otherwise weight 5kg. I need the english-russian-english dictionary the most but it works only one way for me, that is english to russian.
    The problem is that the russian keyboard doesn't seem to work for me (although it is supposed to be available in 2.0 and thus 2.1). I can turn it on in the settings but when the keyboard comes open for writing, pushing the "globe" button doesn't bring up cyrillic letters. The buttons like Space, Send, Search and so on go into russian but I can't type in russian.
    Now it wouldn't be so awful this way since I have a jailbroken 2.1. But there doesn't seem to be a package for enabling cyrillic letters that would work in 2.1. I couldn't find any that would support firmware never than 1.1.4.

In short:
    Letters on keyboard don't turn into russian letters when "globe" button is pressed although other buttons like "Space" do. The model is 16GB 1st Generation iPod Touch using jalibroaken 2.1 firmware.
    Edit: It's exactly the same with for example Chinese

Any advice is highly appriciated
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

the reason is that your ipod's nationality is set to english. therefore it displays english letters on the keyboard and when you press them it types their russian correspondents. set your ipod's language to russian to see russian letters
  3. Zamik

Zamik New Member

Hello there. I have the same problem. Tried restarting ipod and changing language. Nothing helps.
  4. pokkerivend

pokkerivend New Member

changing the language didn't help
  5. tcx

tcx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you know what method of jailbroke did you use? I had the same problem before using other's quickpwn. Had to re-do it using Dev Team's official quickpwn for it to work properly.