Internal Speakers? Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nal001, Feb 19, 2010.

1. nal001

nal001 New Member

I just got my Touch today - upgraded from the Classic. Right now it's not feeling like much of an upgrade. Hopefully, it's just newbie frustration.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I never use headphones with my iPod. I always use external speakers. They connect directly to the iPod via the dock connector (hope that's the right term

).

I've got Logitech speakers with built-in batteries which I use most of the time. I also have the iHome clock radio.

Well, I can't get sound from the Touch to come out either device! It's only coming out through that lousy internal speaker.

I've gone into settings, but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the internal speakers. How do I turn off the lousy internal speaker & use my real ones?

Thanks!
  2. Blake-

Blake- New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Turn the volume up? Try that -_-

The iDock may require you to push the power button to get your iPod to work with the iDock, that's what mine needs.
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hit play/pause on the dock connector with the iPod plugged in. Thats what I have to do on my iHome.
  4. nal001

nal001 New Member

Thanks! Hitting play/pause worked with the iHome clock radio!

The Logitech speakers don't have a play/pause button.

Haven't been able to get them to work. I know the speakers came with a remote that had play/pause, but they're at least two years old & I've never used the remote. So, I have no idea where it is.

I feel better knowing I don't have to use headphones! Still, hope I can figure out how to get the Logitech's working. They're really nice portable speakers.
  5. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Glad I could help with the iHome. But the Logitech speakers, do they plug in via the headphone jack or the dock connector?
  6. nal001

nal001 New Member

The Logitech uses the dock connector. But, it could connect via an auxiliary cable/headphone jack. So, I guess that's an option.

I did find the Logitech remote in a desk drawer, but it doesn't work anymore. The issue w/the remote has nothing to do with the Touch - doesn't work w/the Classic anymore either. (Tried changing the battery.

)
  7. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    The reason it doesn't work with the Logitech is due to compatibility issues.
  8. nal001

nal001 New Member

Have it working on the Logitech! Even with the Touch dock adapter in place it evidently wasn't fitting quite right. (There was occasional sound through the speakers - for just a second at a time.)

So, I experimented. Discovered that by putting a little piece of balled-up paper behind the iPod the sound came out through the speakers beautifully. It's just enough to nudge the iPod forward a tiny bit.

These speakers get wonderful sound for their size & the built-in rechargeable battery is great. Even though they're old by techie standards, the speakers still hold a charge for hours of play. So, I'm thrilled they're working.

Now, on to exploring the Touch & trying some apps. Thanks again for the help!
  9. Blake-

Blake- New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I am glad that you have fixed your problem.