Internal Speaker Override

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Fungiphile, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Fungiphile

Fungiphile New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Internal Speaker Override

I feel like this could be a huge app for iPod touch users, especially those using their iPod (2g/3g) in conjunction with a VoIP provider.

I'm not the most knowledgeable iPod user, but it seems as if this would be an easy task for the more advanced users here at IPTF. The reason I this claim is that it's already semi available with some VoIP providers. One example that I know of would be Skype's speaker output option. Even with a microphone plugged into the headphone jack, with the speaker button enabled, it outputs sound through the internal speaker.

Another example of the internal speakers working while headphone jack is in use are pre-call sounds using Skype. These sounds occur before you can even enable the speaker option.

Now, knowing the above information one would extrapolate that it isn't a hardware deficiency causing the lack of an internal speaker override option, but more a lack of software or creative initiative.

So please; coders, hackers, writers, modders, etc.

Put forth your gift of ingenuity and provide the less capable iPod users, including me, with what we have allbeen waiting for.

Besides, I know I would pay $X < $40

iSpK OverRide <- You already have a name chosen

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please reply
    any ideas, pro's, con's, negative thoughts, positive thoughts are all greatly appreciated.
  2. Eriico39hi

Eriico39hi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think this idea is really good!! another app that overrides the internal speaker is talking carl.
  3. Eriico39hi

Eriico39hi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch