Internal Speaker on 1st Generation...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kcp100, Apr 23, 2010.

1. kcp100

kcp100 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello guys,

I have a 1st generation iPod Touch, its been jailbroken since 1.1.1 so im no rookie! I come to you for a hardware dilemma, I love the internal speaker on the 2gs, but I pretty much hate everything else about them. I dont like the way they are rounded on the back, and they are just too thin.

The 1st gen feels better to me and im not ready to let it go because I installed a golden DarthPod on it. For those who dont know what a darthpod is, its a replacment backing for the ipod touch that is completely scratch proof (and gold). The dude who sold them (gold_finger) was a real jerk and wanted $60 apiece for 'em. so this iPod is very unique and rare.

I am interested in installing a speaker like the 2gs, because now that all the apps have sound, you almost need it. I was thinking I could just get a genuine 2g speaker, and just wire it to the headphone jack of my ipod, internally of course, but I think if I do this it will play as well as the headphones when I have them plugged in, and I dont want that.

I am open to ideas, and if anyone has a 2g they would like to sell cheap, let me know.

-Thank you
    kcp100
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the ipod touch inside is compact enough, really think theres room for more?
  3. kcp100

kcp100 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was thinking of maybe putting a 2g battery in there since they should be smaller, I would think anyway

but i have no idea if that would work, but if so it would make room.
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont think the 1g hardware can support it, just like a 3gs camera wont work on a 3g
  5. kcp100

kcp100 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well, I will look into it. my battery lasts only for a few hours as it is, IT SUCKS! Maybe I will check into a custom battery or something.

The inside of a PSP is pretty cramped too, but ive managed to cram several LEDs into mine, if you try hard enough there is almost always room for mods. On a 1st generation Nano, I wired a very small SMT LED to the clicker on the back plate and put it in a hole i drilled in the top of the ipod, so it flashed every time it clicked, that was very hard to accomplish, but i got it done.