internal speaker has stopped working.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WhyNot, Jan 30, 2010.

1. WhyNot

WhyNot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    long story short. my girlfriend dropped her 8gig ipod touch 3g about 6 inches into a little bit of water. as to be expected it was on the day after the in-store warranty ran out. the water strip has went red so i know ipod would not do anything for us. so i opened it up and dried it out for 2 days. put it back together and it works great. except for the speaker. it only works when it wants to and only for as long as i wants to. for example. you restart it and try to listen to a song. it works for about 2 mins then stops. switch to an app itt works again. till you shut off the app. then it wont work on the next app. or while its playing music and the speaker is not working hook it to the ipod dock on my surround sound system. then unhook it. the speaker works again.
    till it no longer wants too.
    thank fully the headphone port works fine.

i have tried a full restore of the ipod and no luck.
    anyone have any ideas?
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds like a hardware problem, obviously caused by it getting wet. You could stick it in rice for a week or so, to try and draw any residual water out.

Other than that, think yourself lucky it still works at all after geeting water in it!