Internal Speaker & Bluetooth Present, btw...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by EyesOfARaven, Nov 19, 2007.

1. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/14/ipod-touch-ships-without-os-x/

Check that out. I'm 99.99% sure that we've got bluetooth, perhaps just without a driver or anything, else just hidden from obvious use. As well, we've definitely got an internal speaker, as you probably know due to the clicks from the keyboard, as well as this link. We should be able to patch the OS and enable pushing the sound through it as well, if we want (and I know I do! Youtube with friends, but without a huge set of speakers.. yay).

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There is no bluetooth, that is the same diagnostic tool that Apple uses for the iPhone, therefore the option is there. There is also no internal speaker. the iPod has a Piezo Clicker that is by no means capable of producing anything other than basic tones, and there's none more basic than the click.
  3. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Damn.. ;(

I want a small accessory that extends down at the same thickness as the iPod and attaches into the headphone jack, using it for a small speaker (so as to not make the iPod extended more than a cm or so). It could even use the dock connector for power (if the connector supports power-out), or extend the port through the device. Anybody seen something like this?
  4. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Sorry 4 dblpost: I'm on my itouch and I hit qoute instead of edit while a bit zoomed out...

The bluetooth: what about the non-disabled picture?
  5. Yoshi and Roy

Yoshi and Roy New Member

What about it? Seriously. Bluetooth isn't there. The icon and the diagnostics part of it are. Big deal.
  6. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    apple left so much iphone junk in the touches. for example, they have the sms and phone sounds for the piezo speaker, not to mention the iphone dock
  7. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

Lol@Cheerios