Interesting...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bahamutspirit, Jun 9, 2010.

1. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Look at what I found while browsing the web at one of AT&T hotspots...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I thought it was an in-page ad at first, but the fact that it disappears as soon as you try to scroll or zoom, and that it is perfectly in the native resolution of the iPad... hmm... makes me think of a certain something that was announced yesterday.

At least seeing an ad this high in resolution was not so bad. It was quite obtrusive though.

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think so. The iAds that were shown had iAd in the bottom right corner. It doesn't look like one, plus iAds aren't in Safari.
  3. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I know. That's why I did not specifically mention iAd. But then, what you saw yesterday was a version of it running on the iPhone and not specifically on the iPad.

Just that having this happen to me in a public network is kind of interesting. Perhaps this is something AT&T is doing outside of iAd and Apple's consent, or something else...

We'll see, but just the fact that there was an ad, in HD, about Angry Birds, which should not come from anyone else but either Apple or the developers of Angry Birds, appearing on my iPad, was... interesting.

Sorry for repeating, but it was like finding an easter egg of sort. I never had this happen to me before, and it has only happened once so far. I have not seen it again.