interesting perspective

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by iFanaddic, Jan 18, 2008.

?

I...

1. Agree

56.3%
  2. disagree

43.8%
  3. 50/50 (explain why in the tread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

The January update offered by apple was in my opinion over priced .. but I still bought it, only because I think it will encourage apple to make new apps for our beloved ipods... If we push them to the point where they have to give they're apps, We can be a 100% sure they wont make new ones.. However if we pay for them apple might create a whole bunch of new apps for our touches...

What apple should do is developp much more apps and make us pay like 20$/year for all the updates during that year. thats my opinion on it though whats yours?
  2. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

i like your thinking with the 20 bucks a year.

but if that happened then the ppl who bought the newer ones would still have to pay an extra 20 if they come pre loaded

(by the way i like your last name)
  3. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Apple could just say ok, the ones who already bought the apps are subscribed, but the rest have to pay they 20$ which becomes they're annual subscription to the updates (of course they would have to be a minimum of apps created per year for this to work) right now I doubt apple is working on new apps, they're probably working on new iphones and ipods so they can leave us behind...

oh and btw why would you like my name lol because of the french accent? lmao! never heard that one before thank you.. i guess...lol
  4. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

yeah probably. but that would be a good idea. because i think apple would have less upset people and more income. i think overall it would work out.

i will cry when our iPod Touches seem like nothing compared to the new things...

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Bolrus

Bolrus New Member

Apple's already decided not to develop any more apps (or at the least, not be the sole developer). The release of the SDK means others will be developing them, and Apple is just the distributor.

That being the case, the subscription method wouldn't work, since developers can set their own price for their apps.
  6. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob New Member

i said yes but i want to change it to 50/50

i think they will develop apps and other programs no matter what, just to keep interest in the

touch and come out with some things people can use, i think they charged to see how

many people would be willing to pay to have these new apps, hopefully they will offer them

at a cheaper price or after a certain amount of time they will be free