Interesting iPod Touch problems...help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vincentvega, May 9, 2009.

1. vincentvega

vincentvega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, today my 2nd gen, 32gb iPod touch as acting very, very strange. What was happening was that it would go to the Apple logo, and then basically stay there and try to reboot. Sometimes it would go to a white screen for a second or two, or the logo would go away and then come back on. And it just constantly kept trying to reboot. I found out later that coffee was spilled and the iPod was sitting in it for a bit, but I don't believe that caused it.
    I tried a hard reset MULTIPLE times. It never worked, and didn't shut it off, so I let it be. I have been looking around for solutions, and didn't get much at first. If you just plug it into a computer, the computer will not see it. What I have done is put it in 'recovery mode' (or whatever the acronym is, it's 3:15AM and i can't remember it).
    When I tell it to restore, it says that the software is not currently available, and I should check to see if I have the newest version of iTunes....I did and I do.
    When I hold shift and press restore, of course it does what it's supposed to do and it asks me to point out a .IPSW file. I could not find mine, so I figured I would get one off the internet (will not say where, as I don't want to be punished for mentioning 'piracy').
    First, I got a 2.0 ipsw file. When I try to use it, it says "The iPod cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible". I then got a 2.0.2 ipsw file to try, and that got the same results.
    I have also tried plugging it into another computer, to no avail.
    Is there anything else I can try? I am getting to be rather desperate. I did just find out that my iPod Touch is covered under Apple's warranty til November, but as I bought it used I do not have the original receipt, which I'm pretty sure is needed.
    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Get the ipod touch 2g firmware 2.2.1 and restore it. Ipt2g does not work with 2.0 or 2.0.2 firmware
  3. vincentvega

vincentvega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for letting me know that.
    I got the newest firmware, 2.2.1 like you said.
    And now it just says preparing for restore until it gives me error 1611.
    Usually I get the error after the ipod crashes a couple more times.
    More help please?
  4. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should try DFU Mode, search for a guide to get into it

And nope, you don't need the receipt, warranty is checked through serial number, well, at least where i live is that way...

good luck though
  5. aragornzxl

aragornzxl New Member

whats a DFU?

To VincentVega:
    I don't want to be ants on your picnic, but you might want to check the submergence indicator on your 32GB. If you've spill liquid on your Ipod, it would count as water-damage and Ipod's hardware warranty as well as its ICare warranty (if you bought it) won't cover it, even though your within the warranty date.
    Just making sure you know that.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Whats google?

And if thats to hard for you look in my signature
  7. vincentvega

vincentvega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, on Apple's site it said I will need the reciept.
    And it has been in DFU mode this entire time, I just forgot what the name was when i wrote the OP.
    And how do I check the submergence indicator?
    Also, I have done some looking on the site to find the solution for the 1611 error. Everything I find requires iRecovery, and I can't find that ANYWHERE.
  8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Use the recovery loop in my signature. It contains iRecovery and a readme on how to fix it. If you have ANY problems please keep posting in this topic.
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Jaw, with a pm you help one person, but with a post you can help an infinite amount of people.
  10. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Edited blackbelt. Thanks for the advice

Please Register or Log in to view images