Interesting bugs.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by SkylarEC, Apr 27, 2009.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I want to start a thread full of interesting bugs. From fun and quirky, to serious and life changing.

I'll start off by throwing this screenshot out there.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The best part of the bug is that the tabs still worked. Unfortunately, selecting the tabs brought up tables full of my music that I couldn't close out of.

What other bugs are you guys finding?
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

This is kind of just a general non-development-related bug in SpringBoard.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

SkylarEC: Is that MPMediaPickerController? I had that problem also, and had to reboot.

Another bug:
    MPMediaQuery always returns it's NSArray property named 'items' as the list of songs, even if I use a preset query such as +albumsQuery.

Another, that I'm not really sure if it's a bug or 'improvement':
    When calling -setNavigationBarHidden:animated: on UINavigationController, the navigation bar slides out to the right rather than sliding up, and the view controller on the top of the stack doesn't get its view resized until the nav bar has completely been slid off to the right, making for a very crappy and un-smooth looking transition.
  4. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    JOHN, use screenshots, only skyler knows what your saying!!
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

That's why it's a "BETA", but very interesting, hopefully that won't happen on the final release or I'm downgrading.
  6. SkylarEC

It's neither, it's that you're doing it wrong. Take another look through your code. Here's a video of it in action on 3.0 b3:

http://www.skylarcantu.com/videos/GoJohnnyNavBar/GoJohnnyNavBar.mov

I do nothing but call [self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:showNavBar animated:YES] when the switch is switched. When the view appears, I set that bool to YES and call the same method.
    No, I'm not going to set up streaming for this little video, so if it won't stream from your browser, just download it, please.

EDIT: And please ignore how 3.0 b3 ruined my UITable (heights/offsets/footers) : ( I'm hoping strongly that b4 fixes that bug.
  7. NolesFans

NolesFans New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know he is saying too.

P.S. I hate to uses center in UIView, it doesn't work well if you are changing the orientations because a text of the right side overlap in center side.

8. SkylarEC

.center works perfectly fine. At least, it works equally as well as every view location setting method. You are probably not setting your autoresizing masks, or taking rotation into consideration, that's all.
  9. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I was going through my pages really fast, and I opened an application while they were still moving. I could see as the application opened that they continued to move a little.

Later, when I closed that application the icons/apps were off to the right and there was a gap between two of the pages. Best I can describe it with text, sorry. I've tried to duplicate but haven't had much luck.
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

This existed in all earlier firmwares.